The Kreul is a volunteer-driven, non-profit 501(c)3 dedicated to providing opportunities and exposure for our community youth. United by a common passion for basketball, we work year-round to make a difference through a variety of efforts:
- Kreul Classic: A premier national high school basketball tournament that provides exceptional exposure for aspiring student-athletes. Our high profile event encompasses top-caliber competition, celebrity guests, motivational speakers, individual skills contests and more. In the past 25 years, nearly 20,000 participants representing 26 states, Canada, and the Bahamas, have tested their hardwood skills on our court.
- Kreul Showcase: We believe South Florida is home to some of the finest high school programs in the nation and our showcase puts them head-to-head in many of the season’s fiercest basketball match-ups.
- Academic scholarship program: Education is a core component of our philosophy and our academic scholarship program that helps South Florida students attend college is one the proudest facets of our organization. Kreul scholarships are funded by proceeds from our events and since inception in 1989, we have awarded 70 four-year, academic tuition scholarships to Florida Atlantic University and more than 100 stipends in varying amounts.
- Other efforts include:
- Assisting underprivileged kids through Santa’s bike give-away
- Offering camps for boys and girls ages 5 to 16
- Embracing diversity through cultural exchange exhibitions
- Reinforcing the value of community through numerous charitable donations and personalized efforts
Professional Volunteer Administration
We operate under a volunteer board of directors who meet regularly to set and maintain the exceptional standards of our events. Our Board is motivated by a strong desire to provide opportunities for our community youth and a love for the game of basketball.
Kreul funding is dependent on support from our generous corporate partners and attendance revenues. Our goal for our partners is to provide the most professional, broad and beneficial spotlight to highlight their products. Our success in accomplishing this goal is evident in the fact that many of our partners have been with us since the first tip-off in 1990.
High Profile Celebrities
Starting with Chuck Daly during his stint at the helm of the first Olympic Dream Team in 1992, we have delivered a first-string line-up of high-profile sports personalities who have shared their wisdom with our players. Other guest alumni include Tim Hardaway, Billy Donovan, Lou Carnesecca, Brian Hill, John Salley, Tubby Smith, Kevin Loughery, Dr. Jack Ramsey, Tony Fiorentino, Hank Goldberg, Joe Rose, Derek Waugh, Matt Doherty, Rex Walters, Jack McKinney, Wali Jones and more.
Our numerous ESPN-rated teams and players also attract the top college coaches each year. Billy Donovan, Rick Pitino, Frank Martin, Isaiah Thomas, Rollie Massimino, Frank Haith, Mike Jarvis, Mitch Henderson and many more have made the Kreul a staple on their recruiting schedule.